"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars. Les Brown"
There is very little that is as awe inspiring as the milky way and this workshop will give you all the information you need to capture it.The workshop covers:
Setting your camera in full manual to expose the night sky
- How to focus in the dark
- Exposure times to achieve pin point stars
- Exposure settings and techniques to achieve star trails
- Exposing for the foreground
- Post processing tips to get the most from your images
The workshop runs over one evening (time varies depending on date)Location
We meet at the Lancefield Hotel
in the afternoon to run through preliminary information and workshop material. We then drive together to the location.
Bookings can be made using the link on this page. Once completed and payment is made, your place is secured.Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to booking this workshop
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera capable of being set to Manual
- A wide angle lens with a wide aperture
- Clothing suitable for cold weather
- Headlamp (headlamp with red light preferred)
- Sturdy footwear. Hiking boots or shoes should be considered for this workshop
This workshop is suitable for all levels of experience from beginner to advanced.Level of Fitness
This workshop can involve a minor degree of physical exercise.