"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars. Les Brown"
There is very little that is as awe inspiring as the milky way and this workshop will give you all the information you need to capture it.The workshop covers:
- Setting your camera in full manual to expose the night sky
• How to focus in the dark
• Exposure times to achieve pin point stars
• Exposure settings and techniques to achieve star trails
• Exposing for the foreground
• Blending multiple exposures in Photoshop
The workshop runs over two nights.Day1:
We will generally depart Melbourne late afternoon to arrive at the location. Each workshop is held somewhere different so please see the locations indicated in the details below.
Once at our destination, we'll run through the theory on how to achieve the best results from your camera. We'll break for dinner (not included) and then head to our actual location for our shoot.
Starting times vary depending on the time of year and the position of the Milky Way.Day2:
Day 2 involves a 3 hour session on working with your RAW files through Lightroom to bring out the Milky Way.
We spend the day taking in some daylight landscape opportunities, break again for dinner and then back out for a second night of shooting.Day3:
It's back on the bus for a return trip to Spencer Street Station.Transport & Accommodation
Transport to and from the location is provided. Pickup will be made from Spencer Street Station, Melbourne.
Accommodation is generally not included in this workshop unless otherwise specified
Bookings can be made using the link on this page. Once completed and payment is made, your place is secured.Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to booking this workshop
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera capable of being set to Manual
- Clothing suitable for cold weather
- Headlamp (headlamp with red light preferred)
- Sturdy footwear. Hiking boots or shoes should be considered for this workshop
This workshop is suitable for all levels of experience from beginner to advanced.Level of Fitness
This workshop can involve a minor degree of physical exercise.